75100385

I ordered and paid a deposit on a canopy for my house in County

I ordered and paid a deposit on a canopy for my house in County Kildare from a firm in Dundonald in Belfast in August 2012. He has agreed to paying me back for the full amount owed, so fat he has paid £1,000 but there is still £1900 owed, and no matter how I have tried I cannot get the rest from him. I have written to him giving him 14 days notice before I take him to court but still no reply to my letter, although I know he picked up the letter as I had it delivered by recorded post.
Can you please advise me on how I should go about getting the rest of my money.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

As you have now written and said you will go to Court the next step is to issue a claim.

Alex Watts :

You can do this online at: https://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/Services/Online_Services/Pages/default.aspx

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £3,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

JACUSTOMER-kqyiixb2- :

As my claim is less than £3,000. how do I go about this.

JACUSTOMER-kqyiixb2- :

Thank you for your prompt reply it is much appreciated.

Alex Watts : You can complete a claim online by going to the website above.
Alex Watts : It all can be done online.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-kqyiixb2- :

Why will it to allow me to print the item from the screen when I try to print it the pages come out blank. I want to be able to see the required sites I have to go into so I can get the site you have advised me to get the forms from and it would be a lot easier if I could print them out and have them beside me when I type in the addresses.

JACUSTOMER-kqyiixb2- :

Why will it not allow me to print your reply with my computer as I would like to have the page beside me so I can see the addresses you told me to print to get the required forms. My computer does not allow mw to have more than one screen up at a time.

JACUSTOMER-kqyiixb2- :

Regards,

Alex Watts :

Once you rate the answer the format changes. Then you can copy and paste it so you can print it.

Alex Watts :

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please give me the web site where I can get the small claims court form to place the case that you helped me with.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Heather XXXXXXXX.