UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My son ordered on-line a new phone from carphone warehouse

Customer Question

My son ordered on-line a new phone from carphone warehouse site. On Wednesday, the day he was expecting it, a woman brought the parcel to the house, and apologized that her husband had opened it by mistake. Unfortunately, he didnt take the womans name or address. Upon checking the contents he found that the phone was not in the parcel. He contacted the supplyer who checked with the courier (DPD). The courier has said it was delivered to the correct address and the the signature was our surname. We have informed the supplier again that this was not delivered to our address, and I have also requested directly from the courier a copy of the signature. The supplier has told us that it is a police matter. My son is distraught at the moment having paid for the phone, has no phone, and we seem to be getting nowhere.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Who was this woman who delivered the open parcel? Was she from the courier?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we do not think so, my son did not reconize her, we have been around nearby houses in the street to try and identify without success.

If your son did not sign for the parcel, then the responsibility would be the courier's and it is clear that some criminal act has happened as the matter is now with the police.

Your son has nothing to worry about and the supplier should send him a new phone or refund his money back in full.

Your son should keep chasing the supplier to send him a new phone as it is not his problem that the phone has gone missing, this is a matter between the supplier and the courier.

If the supplier doesn't deliver a new phone, your son may sue them for his money and/or report the matter to trading standards.

The easiest way to sue for his money is www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and the claim would be for the refund of his money as he has not received his phone as ordered.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

excellent, many thanks for your help

Welcome.