29905560

Hi I received a scratch card from Purely Creative revealed

Hi I received a scratch card from Purely Creative revealed 3 shells so on sending off for a claims number which I received sent it to them for my prize which revealed that I had won £500. So sending back my card I received a letter which said I have not won that amount of money but some designer fragrance. I have copies of all paperwork revealing by my account that I have won £500. How do I stand with this please

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer:

Hello Ben I would like to know where I stand with these people

Ben Jones :

This company has faced a number of complaints in the past and has even been taken to court by the Office of Fair Trading trying to seek an injunction to prevent it from operating. They are known for misleading information, underhand tactics and refusal to pay out prizes and so on. Whilst you may believe you have a winning card, if the company refuses to pay you out then you have little you can do apart from considering to take them to court to pursue them for the money. Whether that is a good idea is another matter as there is no guarantee that even if you win they will pay you. You will have to take enforcement action against them to try and get your money and would be required to spend more and more in the process, still without ever being guaranteed a pay out. SO it is risky I’m afraid, but an option if you wanted to take it further.

Customer:

On hearing that comment from you I don't think I have a chance, never mind thank you for your time

Ben Jones :

I wouldn't want to give you false hope where you end up hundreds out of pocket just to try and get this money... as that can easily happen

Ben Jones :

Before you try and exit chat can you please let me know if your original query has been answered or if you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it before I close this at my end?

Customer:

Yes I am very satisfied with your answer thank you

Customer:

It was a good service

Ben Jones :

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you all the best