How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I purchased a website. for £10,000. The webdesigner assured

Customer Question

I purchased a website. for £10,000. The webdesigner assured me that this was the market rate of the work. I paid him in cash. I later discovered that he was quoting others £1200 for the same type of work. Can i recover my money from him?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it would appear so in that case as you can claim that the person grossly misrepresented to you the value of the work allowing you to set the contract aside under common law and the Misrepresentation Act.

You should ask the person to refund you 8800 pounds or face a court claim from you for the money.

if he fails to refund you the money, you may sue him online at

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i issued the claim but was late in paying the hearing fee. I was advised that the hearing fee could be paid and the hearing could be reinstated. I would like to instruct a lawyer.any idea on the fee?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid the fees would depend largely on what you are able to negotiate with the solicitor.

You could agree with someone to give them say 10% of any money you receive from the lawsuit or another could agree on a fixed fee basis.

You may find a solicitor using the Law Society facility:

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would be able to act for me in this matter?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid we are not allowed to act for customers on this site.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could i get your office details then?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, we cannot give this out.

Pleaseuse the Law Society to find a solicitor or a high street one.

All the best

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice