UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I purchased a website. for £10,000. The webdesigner assured

Customer Question

I purchased a website. for £10,000. The webdesigner assured me that this was the market rate of the work. I paid him in cash. I later discovered that he was quoting others £1200 for the same type of work. Can i recover my money from him?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it would appear so in that case as you can claim that the person grossly misrepresented to you the value of the work allowing you to set the contract aside under common law and the Misrepresentation Act.

You should ask the person to refund you 8800 pounds or face a court claim from you for the money.

if he fails to refund you the money, you may sue him online at

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i issued the claim but was late in paying the hearing fee. I was advised that the hearing fee could be paid and the hearing could be reinstated. I would like to instruct a lawyer.any idea on the fee?

I am afraid the fees would depend largely on what you are able to negotiate with the solicitor.

You could agree with someone to give them say 10% of any money you receive from the lawsuit or another could agree on a fixed fee basis.

You may find a solicitor using the Law Society facility:

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would be able to act for me in this matter?

I am afraid we are not allowed to act for customers on this site.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could i get your office details then?

Sorry, we cannot give this out.

Pleaseuse the Law Society to find a solicitor or a high street one.

All the best