75100385

I received a letter from DVLA to appear in Court for something

I received a letter from DVLA to appear in Court for something I didn't do. My old car was in SORN and they saying that my car was being kept on road which wasn't. Help me please.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope this is for real..

Well, they accusing me of something I didn't do. My old car was SORN and I've kept it completely off the road and the civil servant is saying my car was on the road.

Yes, I've read the facts.

What is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they want me to pay £2500 + legal costs (£225.00) for something I didn't do. they said they have witness which is the civil servant but they didn't take any photo or anything of the car parking on the road. Obviously I don't pay or be judge for something I didn't do.. What do I have to do? what do I have to say in court? What does the judge will ask me? Can the judge say I'm guilty only based on words from the civil servant?

Yes, they can and they regularly do.

This will come down to the issue of where the vehicle was seen to be kept. If the allegation is that its kept on a public road then they will need some evidence of that but they don't need photographs.

If there is a witness who is prepared to come to court and say that they saw this vehicle at a location amounting to a public place then the Court could properly convict on that basis.

Whether they will or not is another matter.

I suspect that this case will come down to whether or not the location in question is a public place anyway. These things are not normally disputes over evidence.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I don't think this genuine. I want my £17 refund..
I can confirm what my colleague said is correct.

This is also a genuine site manned by Solicitors and Barristers.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all right then.. can I take witness as well?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I take witnesses as well?

If it is listed for trial then yes you can take a witness with you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no its not listed.. so how can I defend myself? because I haven't done what they're saying, I cant take witness to proof and help me, they don't really need photos to proof my car was in the road.. I don't get it.. its like now for example if I accuse you of doing something and I don't have nothing to proof but my words.. how could u defend yourself?

If it is due in Court you can plead not guilty.

The Court will then list it for trial and you can take your witness with you.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've replied their letter already saying im plead not guilty.. what can I expect now?

You will get a Court date through.

You can take your witnesses here.

If you need more information please click reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the letter they've sent to me says the court is on 25th of march.. then I've sent back the letter saying im plead not guilty.. will I get another letter from them or now I just have to appear in court?

Yes that is correct.

It will list a 10am or 2pm hearing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is 2pm.. so for now if I don't receive any other letter I have to go on my own? I cant any witness and that's it..

You will get another date for Court which will be the trial.

At this point you can take your witness(s).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. thanks..

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience