75100385

i purchased a car with a six month warranty on it it went wrong

i purchased a car with a six month warranty on it it went wrong four weeks ago went to the garage suggested by warranty co after two weeks they could not fix it now at peugeot garage the warranty co have looked at it and as it is a water based fault which has corroded the fuse box over months i should imagine they probably wont pay out it is a very expensive repair as wires and maybe ecu needs to be replaced just asked the garage i bought it from for my money back as it is four weeks since it went faulty and they just keep giving me excuses saying they are getting warranty co to relook at car and basically fobbing me of what r my rights the corrision has not just appeared was probably there before i purchased the car the garage keeps on about wear and tear this is not of my making any help would be appreciated

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need to know if i can get a full refund for this car which is still unrepaired after four weeks in the garage

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not get an answer
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see you have relisted this. How old is the car, how many miles and how much did you pay please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the car is 2008 has 48000 on the clock and paid 5980 for it five months ago but have not had it for the last month cos been at garage thanks for any help u can give me

If its fair wear and tear then it wont be covered by the warranty, as they only deal with failed items not related to this.

All goods must be as described, fit for purposed and of suitable quality. But of course a new car 2014 is going to be in better condition than one in 2008.

You could sue for breach of contract but it would be down to a Judge whether he thinks the claim is a reasonable one - as litigation is by no means certain.

You could certainly seek the cost of repair back, but given the age of the car and the fact you have already had it over a month, it is unlikely you would get a refund.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
S
Do you need more information please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so the garage it was purchased from should pay for the repair if the warranty company does not as the corrosion has obviously got worse and the peugeot garage reckons it has been there for longer than i have had the car and it is going to cost a lot of money to fix which i have not got plus have no car either at present

Yes you could try and force that issue, but there is no guarantee of that of course.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for information see what i can do

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/