75100385

In 2013 I opted in for interest free option for 15 months and

Customer Question

In 2013 I opted in for interest free option for 15 months and transferred in total £12,456 to Lloyds TSb credit card account.I have just been receiving calls to inform me that I was not paying the minimum amount. After discussing case over the phone it became apparent that if they generate a bill from 2nd of the month any payment they received on 2nd is still added onto the previous months total, or account. I calculated that since I have transfer money (interest free) since September 13 Lloyds statements adds up to £ 1110 and during the same period I have paid in £1300. So in total I have paid in more then the required amount but their argument is the payments were not between the periods they require. (All account prints are available) And to add to this I only today noticed they have been charging interest although this was a interest free arrangement for 15 months. When questioned they informed me that they decided to withdraw this offer, BUT, at no point I was advised of this verbally or in writing nor was it mention at any point of many phone calls we had. I feel This is a very similar pattern to PPI sales and I need an advice on how to take it further. In the last 2 months they have charged me £550. I was not made aware of LlOyds chaging terms and conditions. And all the conversations since January I was advised to make payments by 27th of each month so I don't incur a late payment fee. But I was never advised not to make a payment by the 1st, 2nd or 3rd which doesn't get counted towards the month we are going in. This can be proved if recording can be looked into. I intend to take this to them as a complaint direct, to ombudsman and also would like to know which other legal actions I can take. If I did not pay the required amount since September I would understand but this is not the case.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you been charged default fees efc?
JACUSTOMER-jt3mt3q8- :

yes.

JACUSTOMER-jt3mt3q8- :

thank you Alex, I am sorry for the short reply; don't want to take too much time winging so I am trying to keep to the point,. They have charged late fee as well as removed the interest free option and started to charge interest. But I have not been informed of this change; not verbally or in writing. And we did have half a doesn't telephone conversations. (they called) . My biggest problem is the reason they used for removing this option from my account. They issued a credit card statement for January on 2nd , on my bank statement it is very clear a money transferred on 2nd but Lloyds are saying this payment was too early and was counted for December? Then they back tract to say I made the payment on 1st (which is not according to my on line statement) which means their internal data differs ad inconsistent. We then made further payment on the day we I agreed with the bank, on 27/28 Jan. and the total of these both payments cover the amount due but they appear to be manipulating dates and data. It appears that the very following month they have removed the interest free option without any notice.

Alex Watts :

Have you raised formal complaints yet?

JACUSTOMER-jt3mt3q8- :

I did today. I made a complaint by phone which hasn't been taken seriously, but got told it is what it is; so I made an official written complaint to the bank and also approached ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

Yes you need to take the following steps:

Alex Watts :

1) Write (not email) a formal written complaint

Alex Watts :

This will be investigated through their complaints process

Alex Watts :

As a result you will get a final response.

Alex Watts :

If you are unhappy with the response then you can take step 2)

Alex Watts :

2) Complain to the Financial Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They are independent and offer a free service. They will investigate your complaint from the outside

Alex Watts :

Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Alex Watts :

But you can't complain to these people UNTIL you have a final response from the bank

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/