Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Last October I asked a local plumbing company to quote Me for

Customer Question

Last October I asked a local plumbing company to quote Me for tiling a bathroom floor which they duly did.£445.00 plus Vat ,this was for up to two days work,comprising levelling & cleaning the floor ,laying tiles and rerouting two tap pipes.I returned & accepted the quote,but advised that I had levelled the floor Myself.A date was arranged for the job and an employee turned up and did the job.It took him five & a half hours to complete the work and was gone
In due course I received a bill for the full amount of the quote totalling £540.00 which I thought was extortionate and wrote to the company,enclosing a cheque for £300.00 stating I thought this a more realistic payment for the hours worked and that I had done most of the work myself.The plumbers are demanding I pay the outstanding amount of £240.00 because when I accepted the quote I had agreed to pay that amount regardless of whether the job took five hours or five days ,Is this correct & must I pay the full cost?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I enquire when you returned the accepted quote if you specifically addressed the issue of the price at that time please?