12826847

My 15 yr old son was caught shoplifting Thursday night with

Customer Question

My 15 yr old son was caught shoplifting Thursday night with a friend-£35 worth of confectionery(yes chocolates), the police brought him home and i was asked to sign a Community Resolution Order which i did, without going into any detail as i was in shock. I now understand that this may have life long consequences. Whilst i realize what he did was wrong, did i do the right thing?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

The fact that you signed the order won't make difference. Your signature doesn't amount to a guilty plea on his behalf.

All refusing would have meant is that they would have withdrawn the offer thereby exposing him to the risks of a charge or caution.

It might have been that he should have refused the offer because they would not have got a conviction at court but that wasn't impact by your signature to the order.

All you asserted when you signed was that you were willing to support it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will this now stay with him all his life, as i read on line it will show up on cds checks?

Only on enhanced checking and that will drop off after three years under the new law.

It will not otherwise show.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/