Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Michael Moor

Michael XXXX
C/o XX  XXXX XXXXXX
Edmonton 
XX XXXX

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Re: 2nd Request for an Explanation regarding Mr Michael XXXX’s Representation.

To the Partners,
I write regarding your services in particular those of XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX. I am unhappy with the way my case has been dealt with in relation to Viridian Housing Association.

Initially when I attended the office XXXXXXXXX informed me that she was a barrister and that she would be able to deal with my case. XXXXXXXXX initially attended court and represented me approximately on the 15th August 2013 in front of District Judge XXXXXX whereby he granted me three months to remain in the property and also for my representation to prepare my case.

On the 14th November 2013 I attended court represented by XXXXXXXX whereby she had not made adequate representation, which was also noted by the judge who called her “ incompetent ” and she had failed in her duty as a legal representative. Due to her lack of preparation the case was awarded to the other side which, resulted in me losing the case and eventually being evicted from where I resided at XX XXXXX XXXXX, Edmonton, N9. I was also shocked to find out that I was actually in an injunction case and that my eviction hearing had already been tried on the 7th October 2013 without my knowledge. Also the Judge commented that there were no documents on file and that she was not on record.

I have now come to realise that she misrepresented her legal status and that she is in fact a caseworker which, I had no knowledge of and would never of instructed somebody who is not qualified.

Overall I am dissatisfied with the service I have received and hold XXXXXXXX liable for losing my case, as she was not qualified to attend court and represent me. 

I would also like to bring to your attention the issues, which I am not happy with and would like a written response regarding the following:

• XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX states on her business card that she is a barrister and LLB please could you explain and give your reasoning.

• She was instructed to deal with another matter in relation to my vehicle, which, was crushed by Viridian Housing Association in which she failed to provide documents in time resulting in the case being thrown out. This was due to her failure and we had to appeal the case and another hearing is due in March 2014.

• Please could you give an explanation and reasoning as to why a legal barrister would come to court with no documents, no case law books and was requesting for my friends and family to attend the office with keys she gave to strangers to enter and office to look for case laws books. As a legal professional she would be well aware of the implications regarding file and client confidentiality. Her actions put my friends and family in an un-compromising situation especially if there were accusations later regarding theft and the loss of property or files.

• I was instructed incorrectly by XXXXXXXXX to lodge my appeal regarding the eviction case and ended up attending the high court, Edmonton county court and eventually I was made aware I needed to lodge documents in the central London county court.

• On the 24th January 2014 I received an email from your offices attached with documents dates the 21st of January 2014 from XXXXXX Solicitors in which it stated that an email was sent to me on the 19th December 2013 to make arrangements to remove my belongings from Lacey Close by the 10th January 2014. Prior to receiving this email I have not received any email in relation to the removal of my belongings until the 24th January 2014, this was the first time I had been made aware of it. Please could you confirm if you had received communication either by letter or email outlining the removal deadline and arrangements of my belongings.

Due to substantial failures I no longer have confidence in your company and it has resulted in my health deteriation and quality of life, as I am now homeless. I feel Josephine contributed negatively by not representing me professionally nor making the necessary preparations in my case. I would like to request a refund as the service has been very poor and I have also had to do a lot of the groundwork myself.

Finally It is with great disappointment that has resulted me having to obtain advise from the law society who should be in contact with you shortly to discuss my grievance. 

I would like a response within 28 days by post.

Kind regards,

Mr Michael Moor

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer. What do you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what moor do you want to know

You have just reproduced a letter of complaint - which seems a very sensible letter but what is your question? How can I help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this a joke are what
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i got no reply from the solicitors,the judge say i could sue them for making me lose my home, how do i go about doing that

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Initially when I attended the office josephine informed me that she was a barrister and that she would be able to deal with my case. she initially attended court and represented me approximately on the 15th August 2013 in front of District Judge morley where by he granted me three months to remain in the property and also for my representation to prepare my case.

On the 14th November 2013 I attended court represented by josephine from justandbrown solicitors whereby she had not made adequate representation, which was also noted by the judge who called her “ incompetent ” and she had failed in her duty as a legal representative. Due to her lack of preparation the case was awarded to the other side which, resulted in me losing the case and eventually being evicted from my home on 12/12/2013 where I resided for twenty year. I was also shocked to find out that I was actually in an injunction case and that my eviction hearing had already been tried on the 7th October 2013 without my knowledge. Also the Judge commented that there were no documents on file and that she was not on record.the property is now been re let to someone eles. i went to court on friday where i fine out that all my belonging has been dispose off with out my knowledge . the judge told me i could sue them and the solicitor for compensation. what is the best way to go about suing them?

Thanks for the further information. Yes of course in the circumstances you have a potential negligence claim against the law firm. You can bring claim in the county court . You can also sue the former landlord for damages for getting rid of your possessions if they did not give you the opportunity to collect them. Unfortunately these actions are not that straight forward and you really need a solicitor to help you . I imagine that you have little confidence in solicitors at the moment in the light of your experience but they are not all incompetent. Try and get a recommendation if you goggle housing disputes you will find a number of firms who specialise in the area of law.
Depending on the circumstances you may possibly be abel to get legal aid as this is a housing issue . Otherwise if you had household insurance you may have legal expenses insurance. I recommend you try and see another solicitor to explain what has happened and ask them to help sue of damages. You could issue proceedings in the local county court yourself but I do not recommend it.

I see you have written to the solicitors and got no reply. Who did you write to ? You should write to one of the senior named partners. Tell them because they have not responded unless you hear within 7 days you will report the matter to the SRA - the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. You can follow this up with a complaint to the legal ombudsman. you can find the detail of how to do this here:
http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page

If this person was openly criticised by the judge then the solicitors ought to be advising their insurers of your claim and taking proper action to compensate you .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much the legal ombudsman is a where of it. they told me i have to give them two month to sort it out with me,if they don't they will get involve.

Yes the ombudsman process does require that they have some time. Unfortunately the law is always slow to give recompense. If you can find a solicitor who will help that would be best.

some of us at least take a dim view of solicitors who are incompetent . I wish you luck getting this resolved. If I can assist further in any way please let me know.

Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I always contact you if I need your help again,you were very very help. If you no a solicitors out there that willing to help me fight injustice give them my number to call me XXXXXXXXXXX
I am always happy to help if I can. I am guessing you are in the tottenham areas? So if you can't find anyone let me know and I will see if I can recommend someone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

edmonton areas,sofa suring at the moment