13262538

Hi Im getting married in 2weeks and will be moving to my

Customer Question

I'm getting married in 2weeks and will be moving to my future husbands army base with my son. My son's father is not happy as he will not be able to see his son regular like he does now. I am worried, can he do anything to stop us moving.I do not talk to him direct as when we were together he was violent his parents pick up and drop off our son twice a week and any correspondence is done through the but they are very intimidating. I feel scared that he might be able to stop us moving. Can you help.
Conor Green
How old is your son and what contact does he actually have?
How far away are you moving and what will you do to ensure ongoing contact can continue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is 3 - he has contact with grandparents two teatimes per week - i dont even know if he sees his father those times - he father also has depression issues, rarely leaves the house and hasnt worked in years - we're moving to catterick from sheffield and we said we'll visit often as other family are in sheffield - and weve offered to video chat 3 times a week

Are you willing to commit to a trip at least once a fortnight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats hopefully the plan money pending - weve also said they can visit and take him to the seaside nearby

Whilst your ex can apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent you moving until the Contact arrangements have been sorted he is not likely to be able to prevent you from moving altogether
However if he does take action you will almost certainly have to commit to an actual set pattern of contact (with you doing the travelling) which will be enforceable
You should try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details