29905560

How do I efile a document with The High Court of Justice, Chancery

How do I efile a document with The High Court of Justice, Chancery Division, Leeds District Registry?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Please explain your situation in a bit more detail

Customer:

We need to file a witness statement with Leeds High Court in relation to a petition to wind up the company. I have previously efiled statements at the County on other matters but cannot see the email address for the High Court

Ben Jones :

Have you checked the relevant page on the Court's website to see if any of the emails there apply:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/rcj-rolls-building/chancery-division/email-communications

Customer:

No but will do.

Customer:

Can't see an email address for Leeds. Is this because it is dealt with centrally? Shaouls I use:

Customer:

meant "should I use "

Ben Jones :

The emails would usually be for the London hearings but there are several regional centres that hear chancery cases, one of which is Leeds. I know a colleague dealing with a Chancery case in Birmingham has used the central emails before but just to be certain you may wish to contact Leeds Chancery division on 0113(NNN) NNN-NNNNfirst thing on Monday morning to check if it is ok to send them to the central emails or if they will give you another one.

But I also note that you are trying to lodge a witness statement – you can only send by email the documents on the list in the link I provided. It specifically excludes witness statements and there is also a note that says: “In particular, e-mail cannot be used to file statements of case, application notices, affidavits, witness statements, experts' reports, allocation questionnaires, listing questionnaires, pre-trial checklists or statements of costs. If a party sends by e-mail any type of document aside from one specifically referred to in paragraph 4 above, the document will be treated as not having been lodged.”

Customer:

Thanks. Will put them in post!

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/