29905560

We travel to gran canaria on 15/03/2014 but my sons passport

We travel to gran canaria on 15/03/2014 but my sons passport runs out on 02/06/2014 is this ok as we don't have time to renew it

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long are you travelling for?

Customer:

We are travelling for one week

Ben Jones :

OK that should be no problem. Gran Canaria is part of Spain so the same travel requirements as there would apply. You can check on the Government's advice site that it states: "Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

However, in addition you need to check the specific requirements of your airline because even if the country's entry requirements cover you, there may be more restrictive conditions of carriage imposed by your airline and this is a contractual requirement, not a legal one, so make you check their terms and conditions for travel

Customer:

That's great Ben, thank you very much. Richard

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/