tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I had agreed to have cavity wall insulation to my house ,I

I had agreed to have cavity wall insulation to my house ,I had agreed aprice with the company in question based on their surveryors measurements and calculations. But on the day when the guys came to do the job they found that the company's surveyor had calculated the square metre wrong by 60 m2 ,as a result their manager pulled them of the job and told me I would have to pay £500 more for the miscalculation,are they with in their rights as we had agreed a price ,nothing had changed to the property since survey
Thanks in advance

Paul
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

If there has been a miscalculation on their part, you do not have to pay for the work at all if they are refusing to do it for the price areed.

tdlawyer :

Was the work to be done under a government funding scheme?

Customer: No the work is not funded
tdlawyer :

Okay. They have to agree to do it for the agreed figure, unless their terms give them the right to change the price within defined parameters.

tdlawyer :

Do check their terms but I doubt they give them the right to do what they're proposing. It's somebody else's mistake ultimately.

Customer: I have never seen there T&C ,I will check there website to see if I can find them .so if their T&C don,t state mis calculation on their part they have to honour the original agreement
tdlawyer :

They have to honour the agreement they reached with you, yes. They cannot, at the last minute, say they got it wrong and that it will cost you extra now. You can either agree to pay the extra (and be done with it), or require them to do the works at the agreed price, or tell them to go away and forget it.

Customer: Ok thanks very much
tdlawyer :

Is there anything more I can assist with?

Customer: That should be all I need for now thank you
tdlawyer :

Thank you! Hope it resolves.

tdlawyer :

please rate the answer for me before leaving.