12826847

Hi The police followed me and stopped me last night on the

Customer Question

The police followed me and stopped me last night on the road. They made me breath alcohol test and my level was 0.55. I,m spanish with full spanish driving license and I,m living and working in Ireland.

I wanted to know what can be the sentence and in case I,m guilty how I can delay the sentence and continue driving for some time. How much time I can delay the compliance of the sentence?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

If your reading is 55 mg in breath then you will be fined and banned for between 12-16 months. Also there will be a costs order of roughly £85 and the victim surcharge or roughly 10% of the fine.

There is no way of delaying the sentence I'm afraid. In any event, as soon as the matter gets before the court on the first appearance they will place you on an interim ban.

Similarly you cannot delaly the complaince with the sentence unless the collections office agree it. They do ultimately get bailiffs to enforce non payment issues.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.