Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My sister asked me and her friend to be executor of her will.

Customer Question

My sister asked me and her friend to be executor of her will. She has died and her only child says there was no will. The will was not in his favor. What can we do to carry out her wishes
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if you know whether your sister made and signed the will in which she appointed you as executors please?

Joshua :

If so do you know if she made the will with solicitors or on a DIY basis?

JACUSTOMER-q0upomb4- :

I believe she did sign the will and she told her other executor that all her paperwork was with her funeral plan. Her son had no problem finding the funeral plan,but said there was no will. The making of the will I don't know but I would have thought knowing how methodical she was it would have been a solicitor, and if it wasn't surely someone must have witnessed it. Is there anything we can do to delay him from claiming.

Joshua :

I am very sorry for the delay in reverting to you. You mention that you have phoned local solicitors. Have you contacted all the local solicitors you consider that may have been used to ask if they ever acted for her in making of a will (rather than just limiting your question to whether they are storing her will)?