Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

We are home owners and run a small argricultural business.

Customer Question

We are home owners and run a small argricultural business. our neighbour has complained about us parking manchinery on our land to the parish council and now have got an enforcement officer envolved. I would like to know if we are breaking the law and where we stand legally
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if your land in question is agricultural land ( I presume so) or residential land please? Assuming the former, how many hectares is your land in total?

JACUSTOMER-y2kg2beb- :

No residential but with a holding number on 1/2acre we contact out our machine on to farms and the holding number is because we have small amount of sheep on rented land

Joshua :

Sorry for the delay in reverting to you. Thanks for the above. Do I understand correctly that all of your land is residential use but you have some rented adjoinging land on which you keep sheep?

Joshua :

How many mahines and vehicles are typically stored on your land at any one time?

JACUSTOMER-y2kg2beb- :

The rent land is 10 miles away but you need a holden number to be able to sell your sheep. There is always one tractor parked and occasionally the digger depending on where my husband works

Joshua :

Thanks. So to be clear you are not storing agricultural machinery at home but typically may have no more than one agricultural machine parked on land day to day? If this is correct is this typically because you husband drives it back and forth from a work place?

Joshua :

Would yo like to continue?