UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

we were flooded anglian water has accepted liability they have

we were flooded anglian water has accepted liability they have offered 3.040 compensation is this enough its been 6 months to get the house back to normal and now my insurance has been increased from 217.00 to 637.87.

What compensation would you be looking for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After 6months and all the turmoil and problems my husband is now suffering ill health as he is over 70 i think between 6-8 thousand pounds.

The final amount of compensation would be determined by the courts if you cannot mutually agree on an amount.

I would suggest that you write back and suggest that you are willing to accept say 6K in full and final settlement.

If they do not agree still, then I am afraid you would need to accept their offer or go to court and make a case out to show that 6-8K is indeed a reasonable sum to award you.

Hope this helps