12826847

Hello my friends father has been accused of a child offence

Customer Question

Hello my friends father has been accused of a child sex offence while on holiday in portugal.The father states hes innacent and is age 70 with a clean criminal record. There has been 4 court dates so far and the prossecuters have not turned up . My friend has a young child age 7 and he only visits grandfather on odd occasions and always with the parents present. Social services have advised my friend that she is to allow NO CONTACT with the grandfather, even though the accused has not been convicted yet.

What is it that you would like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare , my question is, can social services demand , that my friend keeps her child away from visiting his grandfather, even with the parents present. They are good parents, clean criminal records and the child is a happy confident boy, doing great at school ect. He does not visit his grandfather very often. once every three months, always with parents too. This has worried my friend and upset her, as thegrandfather hasnt been convicted of this accusation . Thankyou Angela

When is the next hearing and at what point will the prosecution be dropped?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare, there is no date for the next hearing yet, it has gone to court four times so far, with no one attending , they advice they can trial without the accusers present.

What have his legal advisers in Portugal outlined as a time frame?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

maybe a few months time, the girl age 12 is british and is from a travelling family and the portugese are trying to find her in the uk , to see if she will agree to a camera link to portugal, thow she uses many names , so they cannot find her and did not attend court. The accused said she asked him for money and when he refused she accused him , along with her mother of a minor assault. My friend who is with me at the moment , is concerned why the social services have made this demand, with out a conviction ect, can they do this. thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi could you advice please how long you will take to reply, my friend has to leave very soon thankyou

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have had no reply to my question in 3 hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
has not replied sinse 100pm
My apologies - this fell completely off my lists
Do you still require an answer?