UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My last tenant was evicted for non payment of rent.I started

My last tenant was evicted for non payment of rent.I started a small claims court action for £810, the summons was issued to my house he rented in the first instance,he acknowledged that he had received it.The judgement part of the summons is now ready to be served but I do not have his address. The police do, as they are prosecuting him for criminal damage and theft from my house, the DHSS also have his address as they are paying his rent for the flat he is in now, his mother told me. But nobody will give me his current address.How can I get any justice if the agency and the police are on his side and refused to help me get this address to send the court papers to.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You should simply use the last known address to you i.e. your property's address where you sent him the summons.

Under court rules, court papers are validly serviced if sent to the last known address of the person being served.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Welcome.