12826847

Hello could you please answer a question for me. My mum was

Customer Question

Hello could you please answer a question for me. My mum was pulling into a car parking space when tge lady in the next car opened her door without looking and my mum clipped her door on the edge. The lady said it was mums fault and she would send my mum the bill which she has done. £400 for a little tiny dent. The lady doesn't want to go through insurance. I don't want mum to pay unless we are sure she is in the wrong in this situation. Thank you .

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

are you asking if you are liable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well yes. To see if my mum is liable.

The officer is right on this occasion. I disagree with what you have been told by the insurance company.

It is the fault of the person who opened the car door for not keeping a lookout.

There is really no more than that to it. The officer is correct and the advice you have had is wrong on the facts that you present here.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/