75100385

I have just received a substatial criminal compensation pay

I have just received a substatial criminal compensation pay out. will this effect my pension credit?

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I am sorry but the short answer is yes
Alex Watts : When you apply your income is worked out. This includes:State Pension (basic and additional)other pensionsmost social security benefits, eg Carer’s Allowancesavings, investments over £10,000 - for these £1 is counted for every £500 or part £500earnings
Alex Watts : Please see https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/eligibility for more information.
Alex Watts : so if you get are getting over £10,000 you get £1 reduced for every additional £509
Alex Watts : £500
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hello Alex

Customer:

No this does not answer my question, the question is will they stop my pension credit? The compensation is not savings or earnings.

Customer:

No this does not answer my question. The compensation is not savings or earnings. will dwp stop my pension credit?

Alex Watts : It depends on how much you are getting but yes they could.
Alex Watts : For an eligibility calcultor please visit
Alex Watts : https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser
Alex Watts : This will tell you what you would be entitled to in advance.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify matters?