29905560

I belonged to a Bridge club who hold my details on their computer As

I belonged to a Bridge club who hold my details on their computer
As I have now left the club can I ask for my details to removed immediately or are they allowed to hold them for 2 years

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer:

Hello Ben

Ben Jones :

The bridge club will be subject to the Data Protection Act as they will be holding personal information about you. This means that they must adhere to the general principles on data protection. One of these principles states that “Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.” This means that if they have processed certain data for you, for example for you joining the club, then once the reason for which it was obtained no longer exists they must also delete the data which was gathered for this purpose. There is however no specific limit stated in law and each situation would depend on its circumstances but one must consider why the data was gathered initially and why would it still be needed to be stored.

Customer:

Ben Jones :

You are welcome