12826847

Nursing home fees We had a meeting in 2012 with social services

Customer Question

Nursing home fees
We had a meeting in 2012 with social services where we were persuaded to put both my parents into a nursing home. Dad suffering from dementia and mum from Alzheimers. Social services were using carers before and our help. We said they could not afford care home fees they could pay a contribution. We moved them up from a private property in Kent. I bought them a bungalow and once their house was sold they would pay me back. The house has been sold and with the money they paid me back for the bungalow and we were able than move to another house. The bungalow is in my name and I rent it out. After the home saying that social services were paying for fees now after a year the care home sent us a bill for £50,000 I explained that we could not pay for it. They tried to put a charge on the bungalow but because it is still in my name they cannot do this. My dad died last year and my mother is very ill. We have never entered a written agreement of the costs of the home. Are we liable for costs still?
When did the property transactions take place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We bought the bungalow in May 2012. We sold parents house in September 2012 we bought our house in October 2012. We still have the bungalow which is being rented up until Jan 2015. Does this help.

How much is the Bungalow worth and how much was their former property sold for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi the bungalow price £130,000 and house 220,000 does this help

What happened to the balance of the funds?