UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Recently I have had a hardwood door fitted. Some weeks after

Recently I have had a hardwood door fitted. Some weeks after the order I rang to ask if I could change from having the door painted on both sides to painted on the outside and stained on the inside. I was told this was possible and so I elected to have this done. I have been sent a retrospective bill for £200 for this. I wasn't informed at the time that there would be any extra charge and indeed had I known about it I should not have gone ahead with the request. Am I legally justified in with holding this extra charge?

With thanks,
Robin
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If you were not informed about this extra charge and did not agree to pay it, you cannot be forced to pay it.

So yes, you are legally justified in not paying it and should dispute the charge.

All the best