UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, i have a friend who had overstayed in Uk for almost a year

Customer Question

Hi, i have a friend who had overstayed in Uk for almost a year now. She said she went to a solicitor and asked if she can get any help regarding her visa. The solicitor told he could help her under human rights law. But what is not clear to my friend is if the solicitor could help her what kind of visa could she get under human rights law. And if ever she could get a visa she would like to know if she can go home for a vacation and come back to uk. She was not able to ask these things to the solicitor as she said she only thought about these questions after she spoke with the solicitor. I hope somebody could answer these question. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is possible to apply for discretionary leave to remain on the basis of your friend's human rights e.g. if her centre of life is in the UK, she has family here, friends etc.

This is done by making an application using for FLR(O).

See here for further details: http://www.sunrisesolicitors.co.uk/immigration-applications/discretionary-leave-to-remain

Hope this helps