12826847

We may be pursued through the courts for refusing to pay a

We may be pursued through the courts for refusing to pay a fixed penalty parking fine. I can supply further details if required. The fixed fine currently stands at £100 rising to max £175 before court proceedings. Can the company involved take us through a normal court using a solicitor or due to the amount involved should this case go through the small claims court?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Who is the company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Parkingeye Ltd.

They can use a solicitor but its a small claims court sum so they would only get fixed solicitors costs of £50 plus about £35 in issuing fees plus the sum of the fine.

They used not to sue anybody but they are becoming more aggressive now. There is still a good chance that they would not however. Its not really cost effective for them to do so.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my question

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/