Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
I am not completely sure, but within the first couple of weeks or so. My Husband did not make notes as he did not think it would escalate.
The laptop was purchased on 2nd October 2013 at a cost of roughly £600.
I did state on the phone to them yesterday that we have lost complete faith in the laptop and in Dell, He argued that it was the Software that was the problem and therefore not Dell we should have lost faith in.
We purchased the laptop on 28th September and received it on 2nd October 2013. First time we complained about the laptop was on14th October2013,we had one of their Technicians out to try and fix it on 16th October, had to wait for parts to be delivered as the Technicians was unable to fix it completely, received the part on a week or so later and my Husband spend hours on the phone with the Technicians as my Husband had to install the part. We have since been on the telephone with Dell Technicians another 7 times! Does that qualify to say that we have given them enough chances to repair the laptop? Mr Prateek asked for "one last chance" to repair the laptop yesterday when he range in responds to our email complaint. Are we within our rights to insist on a refund or a band new laptop, or do we have to give them one last chance? As you can see from Mr Prateek's email, they are saying "a refund or replacement is not possible at this stage", is that correct or can we insist on NOT giving them this "last chance" and instead provide us with a refund or a brand new laptop?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you mean; demanding a refund AFTER they have tried once more to repair it and if it still doesn't work or BEFORE?
Why do you think we have lost our rights to automatically reject a repair?
Unfortunately my Husband bought the laptop directly through Dell Computers.
I am very sorry but I am very confused now. I have copied below an email I sent to Dell earlier today and a reply from Dell. This seems to go against what you mentioned regarding SGA rights. Is it correct that we have no real option than to accept what Dell is stating?
Please could you explain, by way of emailing me, the reason why you are unable to provide either a replacement laptop or a refund? Also, I need to know how we are able to back-up all our “in coming/out going” emails that are currently stored on this laptop as we can not afford to loose those once again.
Finally, before my Husband and I make our decision I would appreciate it, if you could provide us with the full name and address for who we should return the laptop, should we decide to take the matter further and return the laptop (not to be returned).
I look forward to hearing from you before the end of today.
Mrs A. Thompson
Dear Mrs. Thompson,
Thank you for your email,
As discussed over the phone and as per the warranty terms and conditions, any hardware or software issue reported on the system will have to be troubleshoot over the phone first and if Dell is unable rectify over the phone then will arrange for onsite/depot service.
As per your warranty entitlement, your system is covered for any basic hardware failure or operating system error’s. As you mentioned that you were unwell and did not want to spend a time over the phone or have a service engineer visit, considering your situation Dell offered to service the system at the depot station.
Please note :
Please find the below mentioned link with reference to your warranty terms and conditions,
We request you to please provide a convenient date at least 24hrs prior so that we can make the necessary arrangements for collecting the system for its service. Looking forward for a response from your end at the earliest.
I am very sorry but am still not clear about this. Can we demand a refund NOW and not go ahead with another repair or, do we have to go ahead?
We would struggle to deal with another repair where we lose everything and then have to spend hours trying to get the system up and running again.
Are we within our rights to say enough is enough NOW, before another repair and insist on a refund NOW?
What kind of risks?
Will do. Sorry I thought I did that at the end.
I keep getting a message stating "I have not got permission to view" when I try to leave feedback.