75100385

The RECC have been negotiating on my behalf with Main Frame

The RECC have been negotiating on my behalf with Main Frame reference my being mis-sold solar panel in 2012. Main Frame are now ignoring calls and correspondence with the RECC and I have been advised to go to Arbitration. I did try to negotiate with Main Frame before contacting the RECC but received the same treatment. Is Arbitration the best route to go?
Main Frame have put me in a seriously worrying financial situation and I have not received sufficient FIT payments over a full year to pay the financing as was promised. My husband died 6 weeks ago and the situation is desperate.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : In what way were you mis sold please? The system will expect to pay itself back over 10 years generally.
Customer:

The system was installed without the insulation inspection. unbeknown to myself. hen applying for FIT payments

Customer:

when applying for FIT registration we had no certificate. MainFrame sent person to inspect and we were below standard, Had to insulate attic bedroom.

Customer:

we then passed inspection but lost 3 months payments from panels. We were assured that the 3 monthly payments would cover the financing of the panels. After 1 years readings the short fall is about £1000. Monthly payments are £154 and we are lucke

Customer:

if we get £ 60 -70 per quarter from fit payments. We said from the start that we could not afford to pay out any money.We( I say we but my husband died in January) were assured from the first appointment that we would not be out of pocket. I continually emphasized that we were pensioners and had no spare money, I now have even less!

Customer:

The salesman was very glib, personable and seemed a nice guy. The salesman actually did a bunk on us and Nain Frame and I believe there are other people who were hoodwinked by yhe sales,

Customer:

man and his partner. The MainFrame manager assured me that payments from FIT would even out over the year and would cover financing but they have not..

Customer:

I have been in touch with Shawbrooks the financing co. I have funds to pay them for 3 months . After that I will not have enought from my pension to make the payments, I have to send them a copy of my husbands death certificate and give details of my predicament.

Customer:

I have tried to be concise with facts. The blow by blow account is rather long..Incorredt predictions, shortage of 1 panel so system didn;, work properly

Customer:

AS I saif

Customer:

exscuse me hitting wrong keys all the time!

Customer:

as I said I have been advised by

Customer:

recc to go to Arbitration and just really need confirmation that that is a good route to take. I cannot afford solicitors fees.

Alex Watts :

But in terms of summer payments, how much do you get? What is the output of your system?

Customer:

Feed in Tariff payments from 21/12/2012 to 24/12/2013 total £456.30

Customer:

12 monthly payments to Shawbrooks@£157.92 = £1895.04 A difference of £1438.74. Summer payment are obviously higher than winter months.but the total payments do not cover financing as promised.

Alex Watts :

Its on the basis that the output does not cover the finance you are mis sold?

Customer: Yes and the panels were installed before the energy performance inspection. First inspection in sept failed.we had to insulate theatric bedroom.. More expense. Second inspection in October scraped through. Then we had to reapply for Fit which taj
Customer: kes 6 weeks .if the inspection had been done at the correct time before installation we would not have gone ahead because of the expense and I would not have been in this predicament
Alex Watts :

If you can not afford Court then I would certainly go through Arbitration.

Alex Watts :

If they have failed to carry out works then they are in breach of Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.

Alex Watts :

If they have also said that the money could cover the finance, this is breach of contract by misrepresentation. This is where one party is induced into a contract by the words of another.

Alex Watts :

Here is the promise about finance and cover the cost via FiT

Alex Watts :

So yes, you should go through Arbitration if you can not afford Court

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Y

Alex Watts : Is that yes you need clarification or that I has answered your question?
Customer:

Thanks for confirming what I thought was best route for me. I will put it in the hands of the Arbitration team and will just have to accept their decision. I really do not want to stretch this thing out. My health has not been so good since my husbands demise. It will and is improving but my body just went into shut down mode after the intensive nursing of my husband and general coping plus nasty virus.

Customer:

Thanks for advice

Customer:

Jackie

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience