75100385

A consultation report was presented to local Cabinet members

Customer Question

A consultation report was presented to local Cabinet members on 04.02.14 and the decision made, after reading this report, to go to statutory public notice on the proposal. On 07.03.14 we were advised that the report has been "updated". Should it not be the case that the public notice period become negated as the report that has been updated was not the one that Cabinet made the decision on?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What type of matter is this please?
Customer :

It's in relation to a local authority proposal to close and amalgamate 2 primary schools. The report that I mentioned has just been updated and we have been in the 28 day public notice period for official objection to the proposal since 21.02.14.

Alex Watts :

But are the changes material and substantial or minor please?