75100385

hi can I still make a claim for carpal tunnel syndrome I worked

hi can I still make a claim for carpal tunnel syndrome I worked on the channel tunnel for nearly five years from 1988 an I have been told by a consultant ive got carpal tunnel syndrome kind regards anthony

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When did you find out about it please?
Customer:

about 12 months ago

Customer:

but ive been have problems for about 4years going back an to hospital for physio because of numbness an pins an needles down both arms

Alex Watts :

This is a tricky one.

Alex Watts :

The Limitation Act for negligence is 3 years from date of knowledge.

Alex Watts :

It may be if a claim is issued they would argue if you knew 4 years ago and had the pain then that is when the time runs.

Alex Watts :

If that is the case then you will be out of time and any claim statue barred

Alex Watts :

If the Court considers 12 months when you knew then your claim would be in time.

Alex Watts :

In any event legal aid is no longer available for these type of cases and you would need to pay for a Solicitor yourself to take the case on.

Alex Watts :

If fought then the costs are likely to be around £10,000 and if you lose you may have to pay the costs of the other side.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

what about white finger or is it the same

Alex Watts :

The reply would be the same. Any statute of limitations would apply for 3 years.

Alex Watts :

Does that assist?

Customer:

yeah thankyou