UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hello there my name is Lucia I would like to know about child

hello there my name is Lucia
I would like to know about child traveling to uk from slovakia , basically my very good friend has got a child he is a single men and his son is 10 years old . me and family have been look after his since he was a baby as he"s mum left him since he was 3 years old .My parents have him every weekend and i have been leaving in uk for last 8 years and would like to take him over here for schools summer holidays . I believe I will need letter from his father saying that Im the person who is responsible for the child traveling abroad ... my question is will i need any another document when i enter UK border ?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

The child's parent will need to provide their:

• written consent for the child to travel to the UK with you.
• full contact details of the father

They’ll also need to provide proof that the child has somewhere suitable to live during his stay in the UK, including:

• the name and date of birth of the person that he will be staying with
• an address where he will be living
• details of his relationship to the person who’ll be looking after him
• consent in writing from you stating that you can look after him during his stay in the UK

If you provide the above documents and also include in them the required information, it would not be a problem for the child to be accompanied by you to the UK.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you , i understand that.

one more thing all this papers has to be done by lawyer in the uk ?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

No, they can be done abroad as long as they are in English.

I hope this answers your question.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.