75100385

In my Reply to the defence and counterclaim, I made reference

In my Reply to the defence and counterclaim, I made reference to a statement given by the defendant 3 years ago which was used in a separate claim in another court. The other side are now asking for a copy and who prepared the statement. Can I keep them waiting until after the date of standard disclosure, or should I send it as they have asked?
They are also asking whether I am taking a Witness statement from Mr Smith (I am) so as to know whether they need to take a statement or not. Do I have to tell them now or by the 25th April (when witness statements are due?)

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You can wait but if you have the document it is discloseable and if you don't disclose it, they can make an application to Court for it to be disclosed.

Alex Watts :

It needs to be on the disclosure list, not on the witness exchange list. This is because you are relying on the document as an exhibit to your statement rather than calling this person as a witness of fact

Alex Watts :