Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. I would like to remove this person as a director
2. I would like to either get them to sell their shares for a nominal amount or render them valuless
3. The overall aim is to not have to setup a new company as I like the name, bank account is setup etc so there's the hassle of setting up a new company I would like to avoid
4. They are talking about making a claim against the company for unpaid time and materials, I would like to render that potential claim less valuable by placing my own claim against the company for unpaid time and materials
5. If the above cannot be achieved as a last resort I'd like to rename the company as the majority shareholder and then effectively make it dormant, and then I can setup a new company with the same name. I also personally own the trademark for that name in the UK.
I realise there's more than one question in that and we may need to rework the fee
1. You can remove them as a Director by passing a resolution
2. You can buy them once the value has been agreed, but can't force the person to sell
3. Yes I understand
4. Yes I understand, which is something you can do
5. You can't rename the company and set up a new one, Companies House wont let you do this.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
That's fine thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I ask another question as in I want to ask about how I put in a claim against the company for time and materials as I think actually it maybe useful long term for the company to recognise that debt even if it's not immediately materialised, it could be offset in future and as I say deter the other person making a claim. I kind of feel you've answered the first question so can this be a separate follow up question.