75100385

I have recently received notification from Investment Assurance

I have recently received notification from Investment Assurance Corporation to the effect that they through US Senior Attorney, Andrew Ford, can obtain a refund of the money which I appear to have lost to Bejing Development Coorporation. They are promising a six figure sum to be paid into my account, but are seeking payment beforehand of some $6900 'for legal fees', my national insurance number and my bank account details. The details look remarkably similar to the case against the same Corporation described on your web site and you responded some 5 months ago. Am I right in thinking that his is also a scam and that I should do nothing further to disclose my details?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you lose this money please?

Customer:

I paid$15150 on 19 May 2003 and a further $8332 on 28 October 2003. For Beijing Development coorporation and received share certificates. Some of this money was later transferred into Jade dragon Asset management shares 17000 for no further monetory eschange.

Customer:

In short I lost $23482.00!

Alex Watts :

What is the name of the firm and where are they based please?

Customer:

Investment Assurance Corporation, based in 70 West Madison Street, 1400 Chicago,

Customer:

IL.60602 US.

Alex Watts :

I have checked and can report as follows:

Alex Watts :

1) Their website was registered in July 2012 and is registered to an anonymous person, you would expect this to be regsitered to a Company.

Alex Watts :

2) They are not registered with the Better Business Bureux which you would expect them to be

Alex Watts :

3) A warning about them is on the Anti-Money Laundering Council of the Philippines: http://www.amlc.gov.ph/

Alex Watts :

All the above points to a scam.

Alex Watts :

If they were genuine they would NOT ask for money up front

Alex Watts :

Delete all emails and do not respond

Alex Watts :

Customer:

This seems to accord with my impression. Thank you for your help and consideration.