UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello. My wife and I want to move back to England. We have

Hello. My wife and I want to move back to England. We have been married for 6 years. My wife is Australian and my daughter has an English and an Australian passport and has just turned 6.
What would be the best approach to bring them here? My head is spinning from everything we've read and can't seem to find a definite solution.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your daughter is free to come to the UK without any restriction as she has a British passport.

Your wife needs to apply for a spouse settlement visa assuming that you are a British Citizen.

You need to meet the financial requirement e.g. show that you have an income of at least 18,600 pounds annually

See here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/285985/IDI6.doc.pdf

The application process is set out here:

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there not a way of streamlining the process at all?

I am afraud such applications are quite complex and if you do not feel confident enough to do it yourself, I would suggest that a UK immigration lawyer be appointed to assist with the application.

Please let me know if you have any specific queries.