75100385

I am working for a company that has have some involvement with

I am working for a company that has have some involvement with a guy that is now being charged by the police. The guy has built my boss a online shop/website and offered business advice. I have not directly been involved with this guy in a work capacity,but have seen him and spoken to him. But my boss has and tells me that his dealings with him have always been legit, which I have seen no evidence of that being otherwise.I have been doing work on the websites/shops that the guy that is in trouble built. I have collected money grams and western unions for a site which I now know used to belong to the guy that is in trouble, at my boss' request. I have not however ever taken any of the money for myself always just handed it over. I was wondering what the law is on guilt by association? To Add the online shop is selling research chemicals and the guy that built it is being charged with drugs import. Although my boss has invoices for all of his goods

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Who is guilty you or your boss please?
Customer:

Neither of us it is a guy that my boss has had an association with

Customer:

Sorry hi and thanks

Customer:

Basically he is being charged with important of a banned substance from before he was associated with my boss. He did build him a website selling research chemicals - which my boss has all invoices for the products that he has listed on there. I work for the guy that is legit - when this guy was in trouble he gave my boss his own research chemicals business to run and on this site is all legit legal products. But I have been collecting money grams and western unions for both sites and doing uploading of products etc in my spare time and during work hours - so I was wondering if I will be implicated by association in anyway - even though I know I have done nothing illegal and my boss swears that he hasnt either.

Customer:

sorry that should say import not important banned substances

Customer:

( The 'guy' I refer to is the one that is being charged with importation of banned substances ) sorry to confuse..lol

Alex Watts : No. If you worked fr him and just picked up the money as you were instructed, unless you knew or reasonably knew crimes were being committed then you have nothing to worry about.
Alex Watts : If you were prosecuted then the Crown would need to prove beyond doubt that you knew about this or suspected.
Alex Watts : But I assume you were just doing what was asked, so no, you won't have any implications.
Alex Watts : Can I claiify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Oh that's good thank you - The money I am collecting and the sites I am working on are legit. This guy was apparently involved with this product before we knew him. But one of the sites I collect money from used to belong to him, that's why I was worried. Would they maybe want to question me?

Alex Watts :

They may do - but that should not cause you concern

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes thank you Alex