29905560

I purchased a fish and chip shop cooking range as I have a

I purchased a fish and chip shop cooking range as I have a shop being rebuilt at this current time the purchase was made in 2009 to Preston & Thomas £30,000 was the capital spent involving the purchase, I do have original receipts.

In this time we had other legal battles going on regarding the rebuild on the premises.

So on 20/September/2013 we find out that the cooking range company have gone into administration now I have been chasing this up and the vibe I've been reviving is they are in administration not bankrupt so they still have a duty to serve there customers especially considering Iv purchased £30,000 pounds worth of equipment and revived absolutely nothing back?

I can not stress how difficult this prosses is involving a business venture that will determine weather or not my life takes a turn for the better or complete opposite direction as the shop have come to a stand still and I have no where or one to turn to.

Amninder Sandhu

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What have the administrators said about this and your chances of getting the items or your money back?

Customer:

I have not yet recived any anwser from anyone im not sure how this works as iv never asked any uestions of legal matter on here before

Customer:

i could not get hold of Preston & Thomas

Customer:

what should my next step be in regards XXXXX XXXXX this further: should i go to the industrial estate or warhouse or firstly find a form of contact

Customer:

have you ever come across this type of situation before

Customer:

what is the diffrence between Bankrupt & Administration ???

Ben Jones :

You are a creditor of the company and as such would have rights against them for the items or their value. However, if the company is in administration there could be limitations on what you can do at this stage. Most importantly, there will be a restriction on any legal action that can be taken against the company whilst the administrators try to rescue the company and ‘bring it back to life’. So you can certainly contact the administrators to ensure that they are aware of your position and that you have items that you are awaiting supply of, but you will be in the same boat as all other creditors so you would not get any special preference in this matter I’m afraid – all other unsecured creditors will be treated equally.

If you did want to take legal action against the company then you must seek the permission of the courts for leave to claim in order to go around the restriction on suing them. This can be a complex process as it is quite technical so you may have to get a lawyer to do this for you but as a general guide you can reads this:

http://www.tughans.com/News---Publications/Firm-News-(1)/Can-I-sue-a-company-in-administration-.aspx

If legal action is not possible at this stage then you are really looking at working with the administrators to achieve a satisfactory outcome.

Customer:

right

Customer:

so getting in contact with the administrators is the 1st thing on the agender

Customer:

there are no gaurantees that i will evan get a penny back in my veiw it all depends on what they offer if they offer anything at all then is that the case

Customer:

?

Ben Jones :

Yes you need to speak to the administrators first and foremost – they are running the show now and they know how the company stands and what it can and can’t do in terms of honouring past contracts. If the administration does not work and they cannot keep the company afloat then it could end up going fully insolvent and then it is a matter of trying to sell all the assets and using them to pay off the company’s debts – that means you could get part of what you are owed (for example several pence to every pound you re owed), or unfortunately it could mean you get nothing at all, depends on what they have available.

Customer:

right thank you for that bed well atleast i know who and what to chase up do if i have any questions do i need to pay again on here for the services

Customer:

BEN*

Ben Jones :

if it is directly related to the original query you can ask me again within a few days but after that it is a new question you have to post, but you can nominate the value anyway. Or there is a subscription option where you pay monthly and can ask unlimited quesitons

Customer:

well thank you for the advice Ben much appriciated

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'