75100385

My son who is in prison has been getting letters in prison

My son who is in prison has been getting letters in prison from a company who are trying to get the money for his legal aid off him obvisously there is nothing he can do as he is in prison they are threatening to get a court order etc I have wrote to them and told them there is nothing he can do at the moment I have offered to pay £5.00 per week to them for him till he comes out I can't afford more as I am an old aged pensioner, when he comes out he will have to pay it on his credit card as he doesn't have no money and has lost his job, they have not answered me about my offer the amount is over £2,000 thank you Susan

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When is he due for release please?
Customer: Either by licence may 29th 2014 or October 10th 2014
Alex Watts :

Ok - well you should NOT offer to pay this.

Alex Watts :

If he is in prison and Court papers come through then you should reply to the Court giving his prison address

Alex Watts :

You are not liable for the debt and you should not offer or pay this.

Alex Watts :

Then if proceedings were issued he would be able to admit the debt and offer £1 a month as he is in prison

Alex Watts :

But you should not in any way offer to pay it

Alex Watts :

In any event when he is released if he does not have any income he should only offer a minimal amount/

Alex Watts :

He should NOT borrow from his credit card

Alex Watts :