29905560

I am being made redundant after 5 yeas service, I am 64 years

I am being made redundant after 5 yeas service, I am 64 years old.
Do I get 5 weeks consultation plus 1 months notice plus 7.5 weeks reduncy pay,
I.e. 5 weeks pay + 1 month's pay + 7.5 weeks pay.

Jane Henning

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. are you taking voluntary redundancy and have you been offered any other options

Customer: Hi, this is not voluntary and there is no other options available to me.
Customer: Hi this is not a voluntary redundancy, there are no other positions available to me. Thanks
Ben Jones :

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it with me. I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready. I will post back on here when done. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Ben Jones :

Hi sorry not sure if my follow up question came through - how many people are being made redundant as that will affect your rights?

Customer: Hi Ben, two other staff members have bee made redundant, I don't know if any more will be made redundant. I work for a charity hospice which has more than 200 staff.
Ben Jones :

Thank you. There is nothing in law that entitles you to 5 weeks' consultation. The employer has a duty to consult with you about the redundancy but this is just individual consultation and no minimum periods are set. They could get the whole process done in a few days if needed. So you can discount the consultation period you mentioned as that would not be included.

Apart from that you are entitled to your contractual notice period, which cannot be less than 1 week for every full year of service you have, plus the statutory redundancy pay, which you can calculate here:

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

You also get any accrued holidays due to you for this holiday year

Customer: Thank you very much, this has been helpful
Ben Jones :

You are most welcome, sorry about the delay, not sure why my post did not register