13262538

I have ordered a copy of daughters birth certificate but believe

Customer Question

I have ordered a copy of daughters birth certificate but believe I am not on it. I was on bail when she was born and not allowed to contact the mother therefore missed the signing of the birth certificate. She had accused me of beating her up when she was pregnant. I did not do it and the court found me not guilty.
Daughter is now 4, 5 in July. Since she was 1 I have had her nearly every weekend and more, usually fri sat and sun night, inset days, holidays and when mum is busy or ill.
I have been harassed insulted and abused continuously. The mother (African) frequently threatens to leave the country with our daughter.
She is now refusing to let me see our child at all.
What can I do?
When did you last see the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

weekend before last

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
In addition the fact that you have shown commitment to and built a relationship with the child means that the court will also be willing to grant you Parental Responsibility for the child.
Once you have this then your ex will not be able to remove the child from the Uk without your agreement or an Order form the Court
You should try and discus smatters with your ex using family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If this fails then you will have to apply to the Court for Parental Responsibility and a defined contact order
You can find out more about applications here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details