12826847

My daughter fell off her bike into next doors car whilst it

My daughter fell off her bike into next doors car whilst it was parked on the street. Her driveway was empty and she could have parked it there. My daughter was trying to move out of the way of an on coming car. She is only 7. We were polite and told them of the scratch that had been caused but now they are wanting £200 for damages

I have since told them to get stuffed, can they sue me?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but they could.

Essentially they could bring a claim in negligence on the basis that you failed to control your daughter properly and as a result they suffered loss.

£200 does seem rather heavy for a scratch but it does depend on the cost of respraying.

The fact that they could have parked elsewhere does not remove the fact that they did not and they have suffered loss.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.