75100385

Hello my son has got a criminal record this happened in 2003.

Hello my son has got a criminal record this happened in 2003. He is working in China he has been working there for the past 4years. And he has admitted to having a criminal record and there have asked him for documents which he has missed placed. Could I go to the police station and ask them for a copy of his criminal record.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Generally no because this is protected data under the protection act.
Alex Watts : But they may be able to give you a form of Authority that your son can sign.
Alex Watts : Once the police have written consent authorising you then yes they can disclose it.
Alex Watts : But they will need a form of authority and authorisation from your son before they will disclose it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thank you Alex for your help I will pass this information on to my son.