tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi I run a small business and last year Pennisula came to see

Hi I run a small business and last year Pennisula came to see me,i have two work force and they persuaded me to take out contracts and I un knowingly signed for five years at nearly £100per month I know I should have checked but so much was going on at that time,at the moment we are struggling I have explained this to them but they are saying I have to pay is there any way I can get out of this contract?

Barbara
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Are you saying that you didn't realise that it was a 5 year contract? Were you told that it was for a shorter period when you entered into it?

Customer:

Hello,no he did not tell me any length of time has I remember.

tdlawyer :

So it was just longer than you realised?

Customer:

Yes.

tdlawyer :

OKay. Have they done anything substantially wrong in carrying out the contract?

Customer:

No its just the cost of it.

tdlawyer :

Okay. Then I'm afraid the reality is that you're unlikely to be able to simple walk away from the contract without being in breach of it. If you are in breach, then they would be able to sue for the contract amount - i.e. the su, they would have got had they contract been continued for its minimum term. You might be able to agree something with them, in terms perhaps of a reduction of services to reduce cost, or alternatively, an early exist fee.

Customer:

Ok,i thought that would be the case but just wanted to check,thanks for your help.

tdlawyer :

You're welcome.