Good morningI will need to arrange a statutory declaration

Good morning I will need to arrange a statutory declaration for the purpose of obtaining a passport (re change of name). Do you do this and what is involved? Kind Regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you change it by deed poll please.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

No. I lived in 3 countries. Israel, Italy and England. My maiden third name isXXXXX got married in 1979 and then was called Srebernik. We moved to Italy where a woman is called by her maiden name and so was called Leora Abeles and obtained my degree in Psychology in Italy under this name. We moved to England in 1988 and while my degree was under my maiden name, other things like bank and application to passports arranged by my husband was under Srebernik for the whole family. At this point I decided that if I use both names (maiden + married) under double barrel (Abeles-srebernik) - this will capture all eventualities and so I added my maiden name to the married name (which is what most women do in Israel). I was not aware however that I need to change it formally and so no deed poll for this. We got divorced in 2011 and the I went back to maiden name and have a deed poll for this change. The problem then is the change from Srebernik to Abeles- Srebernik which was not done by deed poll

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : use this template
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Then take it to a solicitor or the magistrates court and sign it in front of them.
Alex Watts : There may be a fee for this but not more than around £20
Alex Watts : Then that is it, they will stamp it and confirm. Then you have a statutory declaration.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

1. Do you have a name of a Solicitor in Enfield area I can approach with this please?

Alex Watts : Any local to you, on the high street or in your town.
Alex Watts : Or search at
Alex Watts :
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

2. I only wanted a one off service not a subscription. What do I need to do to leave it as one off service

Alex Watts : The system says you are pay per question not subscription.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

Ok thanks

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
Alex Watts : If not please remember to leave feedback before you go today.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

How do I retrieve your answers are they saved anywhere? They have disappeared

Alex Watts : Once you rate the format changes and you can come back at any time.
Alex Watts : They should also be saved in your account so you can come back later.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

In my email account?

Alex Watts : your site account.
Alex Watts : But any of those questions you can direct to customer services. I am an expert and have limited view of your account.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

That's no good as I can't retrieve the link you sent me. Can you send it again please? then I can copy it

Alex Watts : Template
Alex Watts : 10:36 AM
Alex Watts : Find a solciitor
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Alex Watts : You have rated poor service despite me giving you the template link twice and a link to find local solicitors?
Alex Watts : I do not understand what else I can do for you?
Alex Watts :
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

I thought you went off line. Will change the rating - sorry

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience