How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Good morningI will need to arrange a statutory declaration

Resolved Question:

Good morning I will need to arrange a statutory declaration for the purpose of obtaining a passport (re change of name). Do you do this and what is involved? Kind Regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you change it by deed poll please.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

No. I lived in 3 countries. Israel, Italy and England. My maiden third name isXXXXX got married in 1979 and then was called Srebernik. We moved to Italy where a woman is called by her maiden name and so was called Leora Abeles and obtained my degree in Psychology in Italy under this name. We moved to England in 1988 and while my degree was under my maiden name, other things like bank and application to passports arranged by my husband was under Srebernik for the whole family. At this point I decided that if I use both names (maiden + married) under double barrel (Abeles-srebernik) - this will capture all eventualities and so I added my maiden name to the married name (which is what most women do in Israel). I was not aware however that I need to change it formally and so no deed poll for this. We got divorced in 2011 and the I went back to maiden name and have a deed poll for this change. The problem then is the change from Srebernik to Abeles- Srebernik which was not done by deed poll

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : use this template
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Then take it to a solicitor or the magistrates court and sign it in front of them.
Alex Watts : There may be a fee for this but not more than around £20
Alex Watts : Then that is it, they will stamp it and confirm. Then you have a statutory declaration.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

1. Do you have a name of a Solicitor in Enfield area I can approach with this please?

Alex Watts : Any local to you, on the high street or in your town.
Alex Watts : Or search at
Alex Watts :
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

2. I only wanted a one off service not a subscription. What do I need to do to leave it as one off service

Alex Watts : The system says you are pay per question not subscription.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

Ok thanks

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
Alex Watts : If not please remember to leave feedback before you go today.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

How do I retrieve your answers are they saved anywhere? They have disappeared

Alex Watts : Once you rate the format changes and you can come back at any time.
Alex Watts : They should also be saved in your account so you can come back later.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

In my email account?

Alex Watts : your site account.
Alex Watts : But any of those questions you can direct to customer services. I am an expert and have limited view of your account.
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

That's no good as I can't retrieve the link you sent me. Can you send it again please? then I can copy it

Alex Watts : Template
Alex Watts : 10:36 AM
Alex Watts : Find a solciitor
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Alex Watts : You have rated poor service despite me giving you the template link twice and a link to find local solicitors?
Alex Watts : I do not understand what else I can do for you?
Alex Watts :
JACUSTOMER-v0a6agg4- :

I thought you went off line. Will change the rating - sorry

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice