tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I was a signatory to a lease agreement, on behalf of a sports

I was a signatory to a lease agreement, on behalf of a sports club. The annual lease payments fell into arrears and the club was eventually taken to court. Myself and the other signatory were both given a CCJ. The judgement was mad on 18/10/12 and it was settled on 23/11/12, just slightly more than a month later. I have 2 questions..
1. In view of the fact that it was paid on that date, could the CCJ be taken off my financial record?

2. My wife attempted to get a bank loan and she was declined, due to this CCJ, which has nothing to do with her. Can she get it removed from her financial record?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX can assist with this.

Customer:

Ok, what can you advise me?

tdlawyer :

You appear to have paid just outsie of the one month period that you have, by a few days. For that reason, they will not remove the CCJ but will mark it as "satisfied" instead.

tdlawyer :

Your wife can get it removed from her credit searches by sending to the credit reference agencies a "notice of diassociation".

tdlawyer :

This will basically say that she has no financial dependence etc. with you, which means that you both get judged on your own credit histories etc and not those of others.

Customer:

We have a joint bank account and a joint mortgage. Will that make it difficult?

tdlawyer :

Yes, it will.

tdlawyer :

It makes it difficult to give such a notice in those circumstances.

Customer:

The bank account isn't a problem, as I'm sure that can be sorted. However, the mortgage is a different matter

Customer:

So, even though the payment was just outside the one month limit, there is no leeway at all?

tdlawyer :

I'm afraid that's right, they impose strict rules on time limits.

Customer:

Ok, thank you.

tdlawyer :

Thank you - sorry it's not better news.