Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

MYy UK citizenship application was refused on the ground that

Customer Question

MYy UK citizenship application was refused on the ground that I was convicted in Court for 100mph on a 70mph road, I was given 250GBP fine and 5 points off my licence. This was based on non custodial reason...any advice?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. When was your conviction please? If you have been convicted of any criminal offence within the last 3 years you are generally barred from applying although they have a discretion to ignore single minor offences if they happened more than a year ago. You would be best to wait until the 3 years from your conviction have elapsed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The conviction was on the 19 Dec 2013!

ok well i am sorry to say you will have to wait for 3 years from dec 2013. Once that conviction has lapsed then you will be able to get citizenship.

You could try again after 12 months have elapsed but they might refuse again. Presumably you have settlement so there is no issue in remaining in the uk.