13262538

My 6 week old granddaughter was being looked at by her health

Customer Question

My 6 week old granddaughter was being looked at by her health visitor. The babies mother pointed out a red mark on the babies head and a tiny speck of bloodshot in her eye. The health visitor left and two social services people arrived within an hour and demanded that mom and dad was escorted to the childrens hospital along with baby, who had to be examined. Baby had test after test untill all concerned was satisfied the red mark was "unexplained". They was allowed to take baby home. A total of 27 hours detained in hospital. The day after, social services rang and demanded that they return to hospital for further tests as another specialist had found a bleed on the babies brain xrays. The consultant has said that this is deffinately due to physical abuse, so are threatening to take the baby away. What can we do. They are wrong
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Where is the baby at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, sorry for the delay, I have been with the baby and family who are still at the hospital, day and night. The experts have concluded that the " injury" is child abuse. I have done a lot of research into this, and apparently one in twenty cases of this nature are eventually found to be a misdiagnosis. Sudden brain bleeds without any other signs of injury still remain a mystery to the medical profession. The baby is a picture of health according to the experts with no lasting damage to the baby. My son and daughter inlaw have been questioned by the police and their enquires are still going on. Who can we turn to for help. Mum and dad are devestated as are we all..

Jeff

I am sorry - this is a terrifying time for all of you
You should find a local Care law specialist (www.resolution.org.uk) as soon as possible and try and speak to them even at this early stage as they will have good knowledge of the approach of your local Social Services and any Medical Specialists who could and should be contacted
This group
www.frg.org.uk can also offer support
Please ask if you need further details