UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Am I entitled to see my mothers will whilst she is alive?

Customer Question

Am I entitled to see my mother's will whilst she is alive? Due to a family feud, she has cut me out of her will. Is this allowed? Can I challenge it whilst she is still alive?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid you have no legal right to see her Will whilst she is alive and you may not contest it.

You may try speaking to her and try and settle any disputes or differences, she is allowed to change her Will at any time whilst she is alive and has mental capacity.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Will it be possible to contest it after the event of her death?

Yes, under the provisions of the Inheritance Provision for Family and Dependents Act.

However, there must be a good reason to contest e.g. Undue influence, duress, lack of mental capacity etc. normally, people are free to leave their wealth as they wish and there is no legal obligation to provide for adult children.

Hope this clarifies and good luck.
.