UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a UK citizen and the sole Director of an internet trading

I am a UK citizen and the sole Director of an internet trading Company registered in the Seychelles.The sole shareholder is a UK Ltd. Company. Our website server is located in the USA. Are we exempt from UK Law, in particular UK Employment Laws?.
Would the position change if the Seychelles registered Company elected to use a UK bank account?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Having UK citizenship or UK bank accounts are not relevant factors when considering whether UK employment laws apply, usually, the law of the country where the employment is being carried out would apply unless the employment contract stated that English law is to apply, but even then, it would still depend on whether the local laws allowed this (i.e. English law to apply to the employment relationship instead of local law).

Hope this helps